Our Peer Staff are a vital part of the Safe Homes programming. They are responsible for supporting our drop-in services through various tasks including:
- Developing programming and activities
- Acting as ambassadors for the community
- Conducting and leading Safe Homes activities
- Meeting weekly to discuss and address the needs of our program
- Helping develop and plan the Safe Homes quarterly schedule
- Providing peer support to other youth at the drop in center
- Taking part in extensive trainings and certifications
- Conducting trainings and presentations for community youth workers and educator
Our Peer Staff are divided into two different positions, each with their own primary focus and goals: Peer Leaders and Peer Mentors.
- Our Peer Leaders are mainly responsible for assisting adult staff in creating a safe community for the other youth that attend the program.
- Our Peer Mentors retain all the duties of our Peer Leaders in addition to supporting the training and professional development of the Peer Leaders. They act as a step between our full-time staff members and our Peer Leaders, both in responsibility levels and job expectations.
If you’re interested in applying to either role or interested in learning more about these positions, please email Renn Duffey (Program Coordinator) at email@example.com.